My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Compare and contrast of Big Issue cover



In both of the covers, the focal image is of the main celebrity, which is done in order to directly catch the eyes of the audience and persuade them to buy the issue. However, in my version, the artist is offset to the left to leave room for text, however in the official cover the celebrity is centred, with the text overlayed, This creates a more symmetrical aesthetic for the cover, which some audience members may find more appealing. Both covers use certain techniques in order to emphasise the celebrities name in order for the audience to immediately know what the main focus of the issue will be. In my version, I used the contrasting colour of red against white to highlight the name 'V3nture', whereas in the official cover a large text size and bold font were used on the name 'Liam' to do this. In both of the covers, the logo for The Big Issue is situated in the top left-hand corner. This is a convention seen in most Big Issue cover pages, which creates consistent branding. The colour scheme used in both covers is widely contrasting. In the official cover, the colours are very bright, with light blue and pink being the main colours used. However, in my version, I predominantly used black and dark. I did this for a reason, however, which is to create a grunge aesthetic to link with the artist being a drummer.

1 comment:

  1. Your work on the Bis Issue cover has been very good. You have shown excellent understanding of magazine conventions and demonstrated high standard technical ability.
    EBI - your cover lines could have contained more of the BI brand values and possibly introduced a different design aesthetic by adding a puff.

    ReplyDelete