My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Post 10: My production review

My initial concept for my music video featured an entirely different narrative to my music video in its current form. In staff feedback issues of it being too serious were brought up, which resulted in me thinking up a new, more engaging narrative idea. Using Vernaliss's theory of disjuncture I thought up an idea using a simple concept of running away and created many different iterations of the scene which are used throughout. I then storyboarded the idea, which during staff feedback was given the green light to begin filming.

My initial performance bed came under minimal scrutiny when assessed by staff. There were a couple clips which could be swapped around with each other, and frames removed from the start and end, however, on the whole, it was perceived as enjoyable.

Narrative and website feedback
My narrative segment had a couple improvements when looked on by staff. The audio at the start was extremely bland and added nothing to the overall video, so I chose to crosscut the audio from the next shot in with it. There was also a large segment of performance bed with a lack of narrative segments. To remedy this I added in narrative segments in between, so overall the video was more engaging and didn't bore the audience. There were also a few shots which either ran on for too long or didn't run on for long enough, which was easily fixed by simply changing the length. The video before also didn't include any convergence to the website. I, therefore, added an end card complete with the name of the track, the artist name venture, and a link to the website to create synergy.

Website feedback
My initial website was largely different from the current design due to the fixes proposed by the staff. The AirPods brand deal didn't link anywhere, so I changed the clickable link to go to the apple website. It also didn't fit on my first page, so I moved it into a suitable area on my second. This was the same with my photoshoot competition, which was initially on my first page but was moved to the second after staff scrutiny. They also thought there was a lack of social media integration, so to, therefore, add more I incorporated an interactive twitter feed on my first page in order for users to keep up to date with Venture, and to add convergence to the website. The music video itself, while playing in the background, wasn't featured as it's own separate video, which I then fixed by creating a section on the main page for user's to play if they wanted the audio, as having the audio auto-play is perceived as annoying.

My second video review was overall very positive, with my teachers only finding a few errors in my music video. One of my scenes had overrun by a couple of frames, so I went back and shortened it. I also had to make sure my colour grading was consistent throughout the video, which resulted in me watching back all my clips and editing the ones that looked out of place. My end card also needed some extra convergent content. I solved this by adding the names of my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook account.

I shared around my video to members of my target audience, where feedback was given in the form of a focus group session. This consistent of 3 people, an 18, 23, and 17 year old. They all liked the video, saying they liked the fast-paced style, and all could grasp the story after one viewing. One of them said they liked the convention-breaking underwater shot, where the audio became muted. However, there was criticism included, one idea being that they thought to have extra costumes used for the performance section could have added more variety. Overall I got a large amount of feedback, both positive and negative.

Focus group notes




No comments:

Post a Comment