My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Friday, November 1, 2019

Post 5: My target audience

In order to be able to appeal to my target audience of a fun-loving 16-25 year old mass market demographic through my music video and website, I first had to research into what engages them and how to gratify them. After creating a survey on SurveyMonkey and sending it off to members of my target audience, I have gained valuable insight into their relationship surrounding pop-music. Most of them spend 1-2 hours listening to music every day, with the second-highest duration being 6+ hours. Many said that they choose to listen to music on their commute, but a large proportion said anytime they can they will. When asked about their feelings and opinions on pop music there were a variety of results. Many people listened to Pop music for the sole reason that it 'is catchy', and that it is energizing to them. One response found that they listened to Pop because it was easy to listen to. This may be due to the repetitive nature of Pop music from conventional layouts, which contribute towards its catchiness. When asked about why music is important to them, the majority of answers claimed it helped to set a mood, with the closest second reason being for escapism. Around half of the sample said that they did spend money on merchandise for the reason to support their favourite artists. The artist Khalid is very popular with my target audience, and this is due to the reasons stated beforehand, the catchiness of his music. He is 4th in the world for listeners on Spotify, and his newest song, Talk, has over 450 million streams. This was all taken into account when I picked my song R U Crazy, which features repetitive and catchy lyrics, which appeal to the 16-25 year old target audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment