My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Post 7: My pop artist or band


'I Don't Care' Music video
Justin Bieber
In order to create my own artists identity, I first researched the important traits and personalities of other successful pop artists. Justin Bieber has had a large influence on my initial ideas due to his unique presentation and star construction. When it comes to photoshoots and official events, Bieber wears flashy and unusual clothing, which helps to create a star identity due to these bold choices. However, when it comes to his personal Instagram and public meetups, he wears casual clothes, similar to those around him. This presents him as someone down to earth, which can gratify his audience through relatability. Using Richard Dyer's star theory this represents him as a pop star due to his identity separate from his own music. He often posts about his pet cats which reveal his own personal interests, allowing his audience to feel closer to him and see him as a real person instead of a lifeless pop performer. This is further incorporated into his image in his music video for 'I Don't Care', which uses a lower budget style, featuring over the top visuals paired with a messy green screen.
Just Bieber's Instagram
My performance
section
This gives off the impression of an amateur filmmaker using very primitive editing techniques, which adds relatability to his star persona. This has influenced my ideas as I used an unusual clothing choice of white ripped jeans in the performance section of my music video, which helped to create a star identity, and could also be aspirational for my audience. However, in the narrative section of my music video, I chose to use casual clothes that would be relatable to my target audience, which presented myself as a real and down to earth person. I have also posted behind the scenes videos to my Instagram, which gives an insight to the audience into how my content is made, which would allow them to feel closer to me, which would widen my fanbase. On my other social media pages, being Facebook and Instagram, I have posted messages asking for fans responses on a certain topic, being how their day today was. This helps the audience to perceive Venture as a real person instead of a one-dimensional pop-star, letting the audience feel more connected to him and engaged through relatability. Due to the extremely high numbers of users on these social networking sites, It allows my artists to fit the needs of my contemporary target audience, meeting the demands of their generation which increase the chance of them purchasing my music. I added in a charity section to my webpage, where it has shown that Venture donated money to his old secondary school. This gives more information on Venture, allowing fans to get to know him more, and also humanizes him as it brings to light his support for others.                                                                                                 
My moodboard

My artist costume plan




No comments:

Post a Comment