My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Post 6: My chosen track

Day 'N' Night
R U Crazy
I chose to use R U Crazy by Conor Maynard for my music video. Released on the 4th October 2013 by the English singer-songwriter, being co-written by himself, Eagle eye and Labrinth, with Labrinth producing the song. It was teased by Maynard on the 22nd August 2013 via YouTube, which was then premiered on the 26th of august, with the music video being released later that day. The label the track was released on was Parlophone. My interpretation of this song was that it was a story about a crazy ex-girlfriend who wouldn't leave their ex alone. I then chose to amplify this for my music video in an over the top style, with the ex-girlfriend relentlessly chasing her ex-boyfriend for the video. I took inspiration from the Hot N Cold music video by Katy Perry, which features a similar concept where Perry as a bride chases after her groom for not saying 'I do' at the wedding ceremony. I also another track choice, being Day 'N' Night by Kid Cudi, which features a dreamy aesthetic with calming vocals. However, the track had a genre more rooted in Hip Hop than in Pop, which would not be suitable for the brief, so I picked R U crazy over it. Goodwin's theory of music video conventions also played a role in this decision, as I had more vivid and imaginative ideas for this track than all of my others in the form of a narrative of amplification. This allowed me to engage my target audience and gratify them through entertainment, leading to a greater number of music sales.
Potential song choices

Narrative ideas for other songs

Lyrics interpretation

No comments:

Post a Comment