My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Monday, December 10, 2018

Post 11: My practice shoot/edit

It was important to shoot a test advert in order to find any errors that may have been present in the initial planning process. I filmed and edited it on my phone in the space of a weekend.


In my zombie advert, numerous errors were found. The advert had a very slow pace with many irrelevant shots, for example when the boyfriend asks his girlfriend if she is O.K.. For a TV advert these shots would have had to be cut out, which is what I did when it came to filming and editing my rough cut. I also had to change a large amount of the actors for the rough cut as the actors I used in my test shoot delivered a poor quality of lines.

In my trampoline advert, errors found included the establishing shot adding no overall effect on the final video. For my rough cut of the advert I had to remove this shot. A distinct lack of voice-over was also present in the test shoot. For my rough cut I had to script more voice-over so the advert would have a better narrative flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment