My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Friday, December 14, 2018

Post 18: My target audience feedback

I conducted a focus group meeting with 3 different members that would be able to represent my target audience. This enabled me to find certain aspects of my adverts that were successful, and which were flawed.

The focus group was conducted on Saturday morning at my house with 2 of my friends, Paul Devine and Theo Stavrou, and one of my mother’s co-workers, Billy May, and I asked them a series of questions concerning their opinion on both of my different adverts. I noticed many different trends from this data I gathered. In my first advert, the 2 younger members of the group found it humorous when the delivery person arrived so quickly after the trampoline routine finished. This feeling was mirrored by the older member, but she also did find it a bit 'over the top' and 'unbelievable'. From this I can tell that certain members of the audience can suspend their disbelief of the shot due it being an advert, however some can see past this and may find the advert hard to believe and thus identify with. Also, the older member liked the voice over and the music, which was found quite upbeat, 'jolly', which created positive connotations with the brand for them. However, both the younger members said that they found the music to be 'clichéd', and dull. From this I can tell that the music choice does not please everyone, and has different effects on different people.

In the second advert, all 3 of the people said that they understood the meaning of the advert, and were able to identify with it. However, 1 of the 2 younger members said they didn't like the effect of the colour changing halfway through the advert. I think this is more of a personal problem with the advert over an actual error, as the other 2 said they liked the choice. Also, when asked about their general thoughts about this advert, Theo Stavrou stated that he could identify with one of the characters. This is due to my casting choices of actors around the age of the target audience. This response was mirrored by the other 2, showing the success of these choices, resulting in the advert appealing to him.

Questions:


Responses:


I learnt from these responses that everyone has different opinions, and that you cannot please everyone. However, if I was to back and do it again I would have thought more about the choice of music in order to make it be slightly more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment