My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Post 8: My initial proposal

The proposal was a crucial step in planning both of my adverts as it set a basis for the basic story of them. This allowed me add in certain conventions of the genre after it so it would be able to appeal to a wider audience. I brainstormed my initial ideas in order to get the basic proposal. I linked my unique selling point to potential ideas, which helped me develop them.
From looking at the brief I knew the target audience was unisex 16-25 year olds. To meet this requirement I planned my cast to reflect this, with teens being the main characters in both adverts, with both males and females represented. The target audience also had to be in a defined geographical region. When I was planning my adverts I made sure the settings would be relatable to the target audience by using common locations, a sports centre and a public park. The brief also states that the adverts should use techniques such as humour to engage the target audience. I took inspiration from the 'Manband' advert by Just Eat where after the logo is shown there is a final humorous end scene. In both of my adverts I planned for this to happen in order for the adverts to be memorable and to emotionally appeal to the audience. Both of my adverts also had to use the same tagline. I therefore planned out a tagline that properly reflected my unique selling point, and I came up with 'Wherever you are, we're never far'. I was then able to incorporate this into my end card in both of my adverts when editing them. 


Advert 1:
A contestant at a trampoline competition gets hungry. It is a dire situation as he can find no easy way of getting food before he starts off his routine. However, with YouFood he can easily order it due to the ease of the app during his moves. He is granted a perfect score for the routine, and due to the fast speed of order the food has already arrived by the time he has finished his flips.

Advert 2:
A couple finds themselves in a dangerous situation running from a scary zombie. However, as they are trying to hide from it, they realise that they are feeling quite hungry. However due to the current circumstances they find the only way of ordering food quickly and easily is from YourFood. They order in a matter of seconds, and the food is delivered to them in a short amount of time. They then take the food, and continue running from the zombie.

This was beneficial to my project as it set a clear direction for the project, so I would be able to start working on the details of it after to increase the quality of it. This basic framework contributed massively towards the initial planning process and allowed me to move forward with the design of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment