My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click this image to go to my website

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Post 6: Research into existing TV commercials (other genres)

It was important to research other genres of adverts in order to be able to use their existing ideas and techniques and incorporate them into my own advert.

Many adverts for popular restaurants and supermarket chains focus on glamorizing their different food choices. This entices the audience watching the high quality of food shown, creating a need for it. The adverts produced by M&S showcase this technique perfectly.
In 'Adventures in Imagination', most of the shots are close ups of the different types of food on display in order to highlight the delicious tastes of them. As the food is centre stage in these adverts the audience attention is focused onto it, helping to persuade the audience to purchase it. The huge emphasis on the food makes the audience feel hungry, and the vibrant colours in the advert holds the audience’s attention throughout it. All of this combines together to influence the audience to buy M& products, resulting in a successful advert.

This was useful to me as it shows the importance of the audience being able to see the food ordered, as it creates a need for it. I was able to incorporate this into both of my adverts by showing what the food would look like on the app to correctly appeal to my target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment